Sunday, April 25, 2010

repeats

Well friends

I am sick again. I can't believe it, I was just sick...I'm planning to add some sort of vitamin C/zinc regimen to my diet. I don't have time to be sick this often. The worse part is I straightened my hair the day I got sick so for the last couple days I've been stuck in bed with my lovely straight hair.

Anyway, I'd like to discuss for a moment one of my online dating pet peeves: the endless e-mail chain. There is a guy on Match that seems like someone I would be interested in meeting ergo I sent him an e-mail. He wrote me back and I thought, "sweet I'll get to meet him." We have now written back and forth a few times and there is still no discussion of meeting. In the online dating world, it's all about getting to know people over e-mail just to the point that I don't think they are a criminal, and then meeting as soon as possible. It is a terrible waste of time to e-mail for weeks on end only to meet and discover I'm just not that into him. Since I was the one who sent the first e-mail in this scenario, I was trying to give him a chance to suggest meeting, but it looks like I'm going to have to make this happen.

If I get an e-mail from a guy and he looks remotely interesting I suggest meeting immediately. One bad date is better than one bad date and a month's worth of e-mailing.

Ok I feel better now. Thank you.

Before I go, I have one interesting piece of news.

A guy that I went out with a few times last year, and then fell off the face of the planet e-mailed me yesterday. He apologised for acting like a jerk and asked if we could start over.

I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment